Thursday, June 27, 2013

That's a lot of vomit.

After months of little to no spit up, we have had 3 impressive vomit displays in two weeks.  All of which have happened in our bed.  Last night we knew exactly what to do! Strip the bed and the baby, husband gets things changed while I clean the baby and myself. It was a great show of team work and calm parenting.  We settled back into bed and congratulated each other on a job well done. And that's when a voluminous round two began. We repeated all the steps a little shocked and bewildered, feeling concerned even though the little vomiter seemed unphased by his handy work. The clean sheet supply is depleted and we almost cleaned up when we are attacked by throwing up round three. This is the stuff novice parents are terrified of and seasoned parents laugh at. 

While I do the third clean up of the baby and myself, my husband ventures into the attic to get the home birthing left overs that has our last bed sheet and some absorbent pads and makes the bed again.  I forgo the onesie this time and lay down some towels to settle in. At this point the poor little bugger is showing signs of discomfort and fatigue and cannot lay down.  I rock him to sleep in the glider until we can lay together and I watch him stir hoping the performance is complete.  

Today I am worn out and the little one is now sleeping in a bounce chair I am bouncing with one foot as I eat oatmeal. There's a lot of laundry to do and the big question: will we still go camping this weekend?
The cat smugly sits on a sleeping bag as if to say "I never throw up that much."

No comments:

Post a Comment