Sunday, June 30, 2013

Grilled pork chops with sweet potatos and green beans


Porkchops used to throw me.  I cook using a thermometer because food safety is paramount in our house and I am not that good at determining when things are done yet. So I was cooking pork to 165F. Don't do that. It's too much. Once I learned that 150F is perfectly fine, my porkchops became delicious instead of dried out.  I don't get too fancy with them: I usually pair them with rosemary.  Sometimes I use maple syrup with Dijon mustard if I am doing a roast loin but really rosemary is so good with pork, I stick to it.  Because grills are hot, I sliced some apple to be my porkchop's protector. I always have apples to spare and this makes an impressive plating too, who doesn't love a little warm apple and cinnamon?

The green beans get wrapped in aluminum foil with garlic & olive oil and just hang out on the cooler part of the grill. They take about 10 minutes to get super green and tender then take them off and wrap them back up.  The sweet potato is actually Japanese sweet potato and if you try it, you'll never go back.  I sprinkle coin slices with cinnamon and coconut oil then on the grill they go. Slice them thin for fast cooking but not too thin or you'll get fast burning.
This is a really easy meal and a standard at our house. The green beans get swapped out for whatever green leafy is in season and a salad always tags along.

No comments:

Post a Comment